Скачать 0.61 Mb.
1. Годы обозначаются количественными числительными:
1905-nineteen hundred and five ; nineteen o [ou] five
In 1945-In nineteen forty-five.
2. Даты обозначаются и читаются следующим образом:
April 12,1962 = April the twelfth(April twelve), nineteen sixty-two.
12th April,1962 = The twelfth of April, nineteen sixty-two.
I was born on the 14 of January, 1967 = I was born on the fourteenth of January, nineteen sixty seven. – Я родился 14 января 1967 года.
Образование степеней сравнения прилагательных
По своему значению и функции в предложении глаголы делятся на 4 группы:
1. Смысловые глаголы – глаголы, имеющие собственное лексическое значение, которые являются сказуемым в предложении.
Например: I study at the University.
2. Вспомогательные глаголы - глаголы, которые служат для образования сложных глагольных форм. Например: I am studying now.
3. Глаголы-связки – глаголы, которые служат для образования составного именного сказуемого. Например: I am a student of the University.
4. Модальные глаголы, которые служат для выражения возможности, вероятности, необходимости совершения какого-либо действия. Это глаголы can, must, may и др. Например: I can study well if I try.
Смысловые глаголы имеют грамматические категории наклонения (изъявительное, повелительное, сослагательное); залога Active и Passive (действительный и страдательный), времени Simple, Continuous, Perfect, Perfect Continuous (4 группы времен в действительном залоге и 3 группы времен в страдательном залоге).
ДЛЯ ЧТЕНИЯ И ПЕРЕВОДА
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 1
№ 1. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст:
Mr John Turner is 30. He is married and he has got his own family. He has a wife, a daughter and a son. His wife is an economist. Her name is Jane. The names of their children are Kate and Peter. They live in a small house in Greenwood. Greenwood is a small place not far from London.
John works in London. He is the manager of a big trade firm. His firm sells the goods to various countries. In the morning he always goes to his office in London on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. He doesn't go to his office on Saturday and Sunday. These are his days-off.
John frequently meets the representatives of English and French firms. They discuss the prices, terms of payment and delivery. He begins his working day at 9. Every morning John first looks through fresh newspapers. He takes much interest in the latest political and business news. Sometimes John goes to different cities to discuss business with their customers. He is a very busy man. He always has a lot of work. He looks through mail, reads telegrams and letters, speaks on the phone with the customers. He also makes appointments with his business partners.
At twelve he has lunch. After lunch he sometimes goes to factories with the inspectors, but sometimes stays in the office and discusses business matters with director or customers. He finishes his working day at 6 o'clock in the evening. He usually comes home at 7.
Linda Foster is a secretary to Mr John Turner. Her office is not large. She has got a computer, a fax and a telephone on her desk. Linda comes to her office at nine every morning from Monday to Friday. At the beginning of her working day Linda usually looks through the mail. She receives both snail-mail and e-mail. At 11 o'clock she comes into her manager's office with the letters and telegrams. The manager reads them and gives answers to the letters. Linda writes everything in her book and goes to her office. There she types the answers on her computer. She also receives and sends e-mail correspondence.
In the afternoon Linda usually has lunch at the office but sometimes she has lunch at the cafe with her friend Alex. She stays in the office till 6. In the evening Linda has her French lessons. She learns French for two years already. Linda wants to know French well because she wants to work with French firms and customers.
own — собственный
economist — экономист
manager — менеджер
trade firm — торговая фирма
trade firm — торговая фирма
frequently — часто
customer — клиент, заказчик
representatives — представители
prices — цены
terms of payment — условия платежа
delivery — доставка
to look through — просматривать
to discuss business — обсуждать деловые вопросы
business matters — дела, деловые вопросы
to take interest — интересоваться
to speak on the phone — говорить по телефону
to make an appointment — назначать встречу
business partners — деловые партнеры
inspector — приемщик
mail — почта
snail-mail — обычная почта (snail — улитка)
e-mail — электронная почта
correspondence — корреспонденция
№ 2. Ответьте на вопросы:
№ 3. Напишите вопросы, на которые можно дать следующие ответы:
1. Yes, John Turner has got a family.
12. Linda comes to the office at nine.
№ 4. Расскажите о своей семье, используя слова и выражения из текста
Your father and mother are husband and wife. They are your parents. They have children — boys and girls. The boys are their sons and the girls are their daughters. The girls are the sisters of the boys, who are their brothers. Your father's and mother's parents are your grandparents. They are your grandfather and grandmother, they have grandsons and granddaughters. Your father's and mother's sisters and brothers are your uncles and aunts and they have nephews and nieces. Their sons and daughters are your cousins. AH of them are your relatives or relations.
If you are married, your wife's (husband's) relatives are «in-laws», for instance (например), mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, etc. This relationship lasts all your life, unless you divorce your wife (husband).
mother-in-law — свекровь, тёща
father-in-law — свекр, тесть
nephew — племянник ['nevju]
niece — племянница
sister-in-law — свояченица, золовка
brother-in-law — шурин, деверь
divorce — разводиться
married — женат, замужем
№ 5. Письменно переведите на русский язык, используя слова и выражения из текста “BUSINESSMAN'S DAY”:
Зимин — менеджер. Он работает в торговой фирме. Его фирма продает товары в различные страны. Зимин часто встречается с представителями английских и французских фирм. Они обсуждают цены, условия платежа и поставки. Зимин начинает свой рабочий день в 9 часов утра. У него всегда много работы: он просматривает почту, читает телеграммы и письма, говорит по телефону с заказчиками. В одиннадцать у него обед. После обеда он остается в офисе и обсуждает деловые вопросы с инженерами или директором. Зимин заканчивает свой рабочий день в 6 часов. Он обычно приходит домой в 7.
№ 6. Посмотрите на список качеств и умений, необходимых для работающего в какой-либо отрасли человека. Выберите те, которые характеризуют Вашу работу:
Образец: I need to have good________skills and to be_________.
SKILLS/УМЕНИЯ: computer skills; typing skils; driving skills; telephone skills; interpersonal skills; artistic skills; language skills; mathematical skills; managerial skills; financial skills.
QUALITIES/КАЧЕСТВА: patient; physically strong; emotionally strong; well-organized; intelligent; caring; calm; quick-thinking; honest; clean and tidy; punctual.
№ 7. Изучите резюме (Resume) и расскажите о Джиме Колиере, используя следующие словосочетания:
to be born on...; to be divorced; to live in...; to study at...; to enter; to graduate from...; to get the qualification in...; to get the job of...; to work at...; to start working as...
Name: Jim Collier
Date of birth: 21-10-1959
Marital Status: divorced
Address: 18 Acatsia Drive, Manchester, Great Britain
Qualification: Diploma in Business Administration
Establishment: Los Angeles School of Economics
1990 – to the present. Senior manager / Volkswagen Company (Manchester)
1985-1987 . Manager / Nissan Company (Birmingham)
1984-1985. Junior assisstant / Nissan Company (Birmingham)
№ 8. Составьте свое резюме, используя вышеприведенное как образец. Включите в резюме дополнительную информацию под заголовком “ SKILLS”.
№ 9. Расскажите о себе и о своем рабочем дне, используя слова и выражения из текста “BUSINESSMAN'S DAY” и из задания № 7.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 2
№ 1. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст:
This is the result of a survey which a London firm has just completed for the managers of a number of multinational companies who have employees all over Europe. The survey shows companies what they can expect from the workers in each country. More than 500,000 workers answered the questions about attitudes to pay, workmates, and benefits.
The survey shows that in general Europe’s workers enjoy what they do, get on well with their workmates and identify with the company they work for. However, attitudes to pay are less positive. Although 57% of workers in the Netherlands are satisfied with their wages, in Switzerland only 44 % of the workers are happy with their pay. In Britain the number is much lower, 35 %. Moreover, the Dutch also feel happiest about their working conditions and benefits. Workers there receive paid sick leave after two days at 70% of their pay for one year.
Working hours within Europe vary quite a lot. In Luxembourg the maximum is 48 hours and in Denmark it is much lower, 37 hours. Britain, however, has no laws about the maximum number of working hours. There are also no laws in Britain about the amount of paid holiday a worker can have. The average is usually 23 days. Greek workers on the other hand can expect four weeks minimum holiday after one year’s work.
Finally, on the question of job satisfaction, the survey’s results are positive. Most of Europe’s workers are happy with their workmates as well as with the job they do.
a survey — опрос, исследование
workmates — коллеги по работе
benefits — привилегии, бонусы
wages — зарплата (почасовая)
salary — зарплата (ежемесячная)
a paid sick leave — оплачиваемый больничный
a paid holiday — оплачиваемый отпуск
№ 2. Составьте предложения, раскрывающие содержание таблицы. Используйте слова happy и satisfied в сравнительной и превосходной степени.
Образец: The workers in Switzerland are happier with their pay than the workers in Belgium. The workers in Switzerland are the most satisfied with their job.
№ 3. Расскажите о своей работе, используя следующие вопросы как пункты плана Вашего рассказа:
№ 4. Отметьте в таблице наиболее и наименее важные для Вас характеристики работы:
Объясните свой выбор, используя следующие опорные структуры:
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 3
A COMPANY PROFILE
№ 1. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст:
Imeco Welt is an import / export business. Up until recently they have concentrated their business largely within Europe. But they have now decided to expand into America and the Far East. This is a part of a promotion brochure which they have produced for potential new clients:
Welcome to Imeco Welt
Established in 1995, Imeco Welt is a dynamic and successful import / export company based in Dortmund at the heart of Germany’s most important industrial region. In the last ten years we have built up a solid network of partnerships with firms throughout both the European Union and the growing markets in Eastern Europe. Our business is expanding and we feel sure that both North American and the Far Eastern clients will also benefit from our unrivalled experience in the European market. We specialize in the import and export of household goods and equipment. If you would like to find out more about us, please call our Export Department on +49 (231) 149381-29.
a promotion brochure — рекламный буклет
a network of partnerships — партнерские связи
№2. Ответьте на вопросы:
№ 3. Расскажите о компании Imeco Welt, используя приведенную ниже визитную карточку:
HOUSEHOLD GOODS & EQUIPMENT
Partners in the European Union and Eastern Europe
Clients in America and the Far East
Export Department: + 49 (231) 149381-29
№ 4. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
John Sanson started his own business, Sanson Computers, 6 years ago in a small flat above his parents’ shop. However, in the last few years his sales have increased so enormously that his company now has a turnover of $13.5m. At 28 Mr Sanson has already become a very rich man. Only 2 weeks before he opened his computer shop, he graduated from Nottingham University with a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering. “A lot of people in my family were self-employed and I wanted to do the same. I have always been interested in computers and while I was at University I saw the possibilities of a growing market in personal computers. So, when I left University, I decided to take the risk”, John explains. However, there were not a lot of risks for him; he lived with his parents and was used to life on a student’s grant. Moreover he only had a staff of one, so he didn’t have a high wage bill.
Sanson’s firm is now called ‘Computers Unlimited’. He employs more than 80 people who sell and service PC software and hardware. “Nowadays you can go out and buy a computer like a TV or video recorder,” says Sanson. As a result his business has expanded enormously. In his first year he made a profit of only $11,000. In the meantime his profits have reached $2,3m a year. Naturally enough, he has moved from his small shop and now has rented a large store. He sums up his success story like this: “Of course it has been a hard work. But the secret is that I still enjoy the work and my boss likes me, too.”
sales — продажи
a turnover — товарооборот
to graduate from…with a degree in… — закончить ВУЗ с дипломом по специальности…
self-employed — частный предприниматель
a staff — персонал
a high wage bill — ведомость по зарплате
PC software and hardware — программное обеспечение и оборудование для компьютера
to make a profit of... — получить прибыль в размере…
№ 5. Ответьте на вопросы:
№ 6. Составьте резюме Джона Сансона и визитную карточку компании ‘Computers Unlimited’.
№ 7. Расскажите о компании (фирме, организации), где работаете Вы. Используйте следующие слова и выражения:
to be established in...; to be situated in...; to be involved in...business; to work in the sphere of...; to have a large / a small staff; to have partners / clients in...; to have competitors; to be a successful / developing / brand new business...; to make a profit of...; to have plans for the future.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 4
WHAT IS A MANAGER?
№ 1. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст. Подберите точные русскоязычные эквиваленты к выделенным словам и выражениям:
A number of different terms are often used instead of the term «manager», including «director», «administrator» and «president». The term «manager» is used more frequently in profit-making organizations, while the others are used more widely in government and non-profit organizations such as universities, hospitals and social work agencies.
So, who do we call a «manager»?
In its broad meaning the term «managers» applies to the people who are responsible for making and carrying out decisions within a certain system. A personnel manager directly supervises people in an organization. Financial manager is a person who is responsible for finance. Sales manager is responsible for selling of goods.
Almost everything a manager does involves decision-making. When a problem exists a manager has to make a decision to solve it. In decision-making there is always some uncertainty and risk.
Management is a variety of specific activities. Management is a function of planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling. Any managerial system, at any managerial level, is characterized in terms of these general functions.
Managing is a responsible and hard job. There is a lot to be done and relatively little time to do it. In all types of organizations managerial efficiency depends on manager's direct personal relationships, hard work on a variety of activities and preference for active tasks.
The characteristics of management often vary according to national culture, which can determine how managers are trained, how they lead people and how they approach their jobs.
The amount of responsibility of any individual in a company depends on the position that he or she occupies in its hierarchy. Managers, for example, are responsible for leading the people directly under them, who are called subordinates. To do this successfully, they must use their authority, which is the right to take decisions and give orders. Managers often delegate authority. This means that employees at lower levels in the company hierarchy can use their initiative, that is make decisions without asking their manager.
№ 2. Найдите в тексте ответы на вопросы:
№ 3. Изучите список должностей и организаций и ответьте на вопросы:
№ 4. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст. Составьте таблицу, выписав из текста слова и выражения, характеризующие деятельность топ-менеджеров (top managers) и менеджеров среднего звена (middle management):
Are there certain activities common to all managers? Can we define the task of a manager? A French industrialist, Henry Fayol, wrote in 1916 a classic definition of the manager’s role. He said that to manage is “to forecast and plan, to organize, to command, to coordinate and to control.” This definition is still accepted by many people today, though some writers on management have modified Fayol’s description. Instead of talking about command, they say a manager must motivate or direct and lead other workers.
Henry Fayol’s definition of a manager’s functions is useful. However, in most companies, the activities of a manager depend on the level at which he/she is working. Top managers, such as the chairman and directors, will be more involved in long range planning, policy making, and the relations of the compnay with the outside world. They will be making decisions on the future of the company, the sort of product lines it should develop, how it should face up to the competition, whether it should diversify. These strategic decisions are part of the planning function mentioned by Fayol.
On the other hand, middle management and supervisors are generally making the day-to-day decisions which help an organization to run efficiently and smoothly. They must respond to the pressures of the job, which may mean dealing with an unhappy customer, chasing up supplies, meeting an urgent order or sorting out a technical problem. Managers at this level spend a great deal of time communicating, coordinating and making decisions affecting the daily operation of their organization.
An interesting modern view on managers is supplied by an American writer, Peter Drucker. In his opinion, managers perform five basic operations. Firstly, managers set objectives. They decide what these should be and how the organization can achieve them. For this task, they need analytical ability. Secondly, managers organize. They must decide how the resources of the company are to be used, how the work is to be classified and divided. Furthermore, they must select people for the jobs to be done. For this they not only ned analytical ability but also understanding of human beings. Their third task is to motivate and communicate effectively. They must be able to get people people to work as a team, and to be as productive as possible. To do this, they will be communicating effectively with all levels of the organization – their superiors, colleagues, and subordinates. To succeed in this task, managers need social skills. The fourth activity is measurement. Having set targets and standards, managers have to measure the performance of the organization, and of its staff, in relation to those targets. Measuring requires analytical ability. Finally, Peter Drucker says that managers develop people, including themselves. They help to make people more productive, and to grow as human beings.
№ 5. Продолжите заполнять следующую таблицу, используя слова и выражения из текста:
№ 6. Используйте в предложениях подходящие по смыслу слова и словосочетания из списка. Переведите получившиеся предложения:
ТЕСТОВЫЕ ЗАДАНИЯ ПО ГРАММАТИКЕ
№ 1. 0бразуйте множественное число существительных при помощи окончания -s (-es). Возможны исключения из правил и изменения в написании слов:
Atom, set, group, work, climate, trade, name, art, play, star, year, idea, sorrow, ray, child, man, woman, culture, nature, doctor, sculpture, teacher, counter, conductor, leaf, life, shelf, knife, wife.
№ 2. Выберите правильный вариант из предложенных существительных в единственном или во множественном числе:
1. Ann's father told some funny circus ____ The funniest___was about a giant clown.(1) story, (2) stories
2. Many _____ live in an apartment house. Tom's ____ lives on the fourth floor. (1) family, (2) families
3. Do you know the name of this____ ? The travellers will see many ______(1) country, (2) countries
4. Ben's dog has five brown _______ One little ________ has a flat nose. (1) puppy, (2) puppies
5. Small _____ laugh and play. Jack's ____ has a new toy.
(1) baby, (2) babies
№ 3. Образуйте степени сравнения следующих прилагательных и наречий с помощью суффиксов -еr, (the) –est. Переведите получившиеся слова:
Образец: pretty- prettier - (the) prettiest
Short, cold, wide, early, big, near, late, fast, small, old, nice, young, large, kind, long, quick, easy.
№ 4. Образуйте степени сравнения следующих прилагательных и наречий с помощью слов more, the most. Переведите получившиеся слова :
Образец: important - more important - (the) most important
interesting, carefully, comfortable, progressive, efficient, clearly, beautiful, difficult, beautifully, regularly, prominent, brightly, especially, wonderful, realistic, remarkable, special,dependent, attentively.
№ 5. Выберите правильный вариант из предложенных прилагательных и наречий в исходной, сравнительной или превосходной степени сравнения:
1. My brother is much________ than myself. (1) young; (2) younger; (3) the youngest
2. The opera theatre is one of________buildings in the city. (1) beautiful;(2) more beautiful;(3) the most beautiful
3. The sound grew_____ and_____. (1) faint; (2) fainter; (3) the faintest
4. I have no one _______ than you. (1) near; (2) nearer; (3) the nearest
5. What is the _____ news? (1) late; (2) later; (3) the latest
6. Yesterday I came home _____ than usual. (1) late; (2) later; (3) the latest
7. Ann sings far____ than Nina. (1) well; (2) better; (3) the best
8. I like this picture ______of all. (1) well: (2) better; (3) best
№ 6. Используйте правильный вариант притяжательного местоимения, соответствующий личному местоимению, данному в скобках:
1. (Не)_____ composition is very interesting.
2. (We)______ son goes to school.
3. (You)______ sister is young.
4. (They)______ knowledge of the subject is very poor.
5. (It)______ name is Sharik.
6. (I) _____family lives in Kiev.
7. (She)_____ friends often visit the city.
№ 7. Выберите нужную форму личных местоимений:
1. I often see (1) they; (2) them in the bus.
2. She lives near (1) we; (2) us.
3. (1) We; (2) us always walk to school together.
4. He teaches (1) we; (2) us English.
5. She sits near (1) I; (2) me during the lesson.
6. I always speak to (1) he; (2) him in English.
7. He explains the lesson to (1) we; (2) us each morning.
8. I know (1) she; (2) her very well.
№ 8. Выберите правильную форму глагола to be в Present Simple (1) am, (2) is, (3) are :
1. Не _______ a good student.
2. They_____ old friends.
3. I________ a teacher.
4. John________ absent from class today.
5. The weather_____ good today.
6. The sky ._________ clear.
7. We ________ both students.
8. Mr. Smith _________sick today.
9. She and I___________ cousins.
№ 9. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
1. They are in Europe now. 2. She is a clever girl. 3. It is cold today. 4. He is in his office. 5. They are members of the country club. 6. The sisters are tall. 7. John is angry with you. 8. She is a good tennis player. 9. The stamps are in my desk. 10. She is a good teacher. 11. I am her cousin.
№ 10. Выберите правильную форму глагола to have в Present Simple (1) have или (2) has:
1. She ___ one sister and two brothers. 2. We ____a large library at school. 3. They_____ a new car. 4. She ____ green eyes. 5. Helen ______a headache. 6. The secretary _____a new typewriter. 7. Mr.Smith's office ____three large windows. 8. We ____ many friends in Moscow. 9. Both brothers _____ red hair. 10. Harry's dog _____ a long tail. 11. He and I _____many things in common.
№ 11. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в форму Present Simple:
1. We (read) the newspaper in class every day. 2. He always (prepare) his homework carefully. 3. We always (play) tennis on Saturdays. 4. She (speak) several foreign languages. 5. The children (play) in the park every afternoon. 6. Helen (work) very hard. 7. They (take) a lot of trips together. 8. We always (travel) by car. 9. I (eat) lunch in the cafeteria every day.
№ 12. Выберите правильную форму to be в Past Simple (1) was или (2) were:
1. Ann ____absent from school yesterday. 2. The exercises in the last lesson _______difficult. 3. She ____ in the same class as Nick last year. 4. We ______ tired after our long walk. 5. The weather yesterday ______ very warm. 6. There _____a lot of students absent from class yesterday. 7. I _____ hungry after so many exercises. 8. I ____ busy all day yesterday. 9. We _____ good friends for many years.
№ 13. Выберите правильную форму для глагола, данного в скобках:
1. We (work) in our garden all day yesterday. (1)work; (2)worked; (3)works
2. I (listen) to the radio until twelve o'clock last night. (1)listened; (2)listens; (3)listen.
3. He always (want) to learn English. (1) wants; (2)wanted; (3)want.
4. Ann and I (talk) over the telephone yesterday. (1)talked; (2)talk; (3)will talk.
5. They (live) in France for many years. (1)live; (2)lives; (3)lived.
6. The meeting (last) about two hours. (1)lasted; (2)will last; (3)last.
7. I (wait) almost two hours for Helen yesterday. (1)waits; (2)wait; (3)waited
8. She (study)in our class last semester. (1)study; (2)studied; (3)studies.
9. We (watch) television until eleven o'clock last night. (1)watched; (2)watch; (3)watches.
№ 14. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Напишите предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах:
Образец: He prepared his lesson well. Он хорошо сделал уроки. Did he prepare his lesson well? He didn’t prepare his lesson well.
l. They stayed in Moscow all summer. 2. She planned her work well. 3. The crowd waited a long time to see the famous actor. 4. He worked in that Institute for many years. 5. We arrived home late. 6. He entered this class in April. 7. Ann passed all her examinations. 8. The meeting lasted a long time. 9. They travelled there by train. 10. She decided to write a letter to her parents at home
№ 15. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Simple. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. I (forget) to bring my notebook to class yesterday. 2.The telephone (ring) twice but no one answered it. 3.George (think) about his troubles continuously. 4.Last year Professor Johnes (teach) us both English and mathematics. 5.I (lose) my English book yesterday but (find) it later. 6. The Petrovs (take) their two children to the South with them. 7. He (tell) the whole story to us. 8. The meeting (begin) at ten o'clock yesterday. 9. They (go) to the park after the lesson.
№ 16. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной форме, употребляя вопросительные слова who или what. В некоторых случаях возможно составить два вопроса :
1. She wants to visit Moscow.
2. Painting is an ancient art.
3. He collects the paintings of old masters.
4. Metals are the best conductors of heat.
5. The Romans made portraits in stone.
6. We know little about early painters.
№ 17. Выберите правильную форму Present Continuous для глаголов, данных в скобках:
1. I see that you (wear) your new suit today. (1) am wearing; (2) is wearing; (3) are wearing
2. Listen! Someone (knock) at the door. (1) am knocking; (2) is knocking; (3) are knocking
3. The bus (stop) for us now. (1) am stopping; (2) is stopping; (3) are stopping
4. Please, be quiet! The baby (sleep). (1) am sleeping; (2) is sleeping; (3) are sleeping
5. The leaves (begin) to fall from the trees. (1) am beginning; (2) is beginning; (3) are beginning
6. Listen! I think the telephone (ring). (1)am ringing; (2) is ringing; (3) are ringing
7. Ann seems to be very busy. I guess she (prepare) her English lesson. (1) am preparing; (2) is preparing; (3) are preparing
№ 18. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в Past Continuous. Переведите предложения:
1. When you telephoned, I (have) dinner. 2. The baby (sleep) soundly when I went to wake him. 3. She (talk) with Mr. Smith when I saw her in the hall. 4. The accident happened while they (travel) in the South. 5. When I got up this morning, the sun (shine) brightly. 6. At seven o'clock, when you telephoned, I (read) the newspaper. 7. Mary (play) the piano when I arrived. 8. Helen fell just as she (get) off the bus. 9. The wind (blow) hard when I came to work this morning.
№ 19. Замените в следующих предложениях действительный залог страдательным. Переведите получившиеся предложения на русский язык.
Образец: They developed a new method of teaching. A new method of teaching was developed by them. Новый метод обучения был создан.
1. The audience enjoyed the concert very much.
2. The little boy ate the cake.
3. The teacher corrects our exercises at home.
4. They started a dancing class last week.
5. Everybody will see this film soon.
6. The teacher returned our written work to us.
7. Mr. Smith will leave the tickets at the box-office.
8. The students translate texts during the lessons.
9. Mary took that book from the desk.
№ 20. Образуйте от данного глагола нужную часть речи и используйте в предложениях. Переведите получившиеся предложения:
КРАТКИЙ ГРАММАТИЧЕСКИЙ СПРАВОЧНИК
Учебно-методическое пособие для студентов, ординаторов и интернов, курсантов факультетов повышения квалификации
Учебно-методическое пособие предназначено для эффективной организации и обеспечения учебного процесса при подготовке специалистов...
Учебно-методическое пособие предназначено для студентов лечебного и медико-профилактического факультетов
Учебно-методическое пособие предназначено для оказания методической помощи студентам тф ноу впо «Росноу» в изучении курса «Римское...
Методическое пособие предназначено для студентов заочников по специальности 0601 "Экономика, бухгалтерский учет и контроль"
Учебно-методическое пособие предназначено для студентов очной и заочной форм обучения для всех специальностей, предусматривающих...
Методическое пособие предназначено для студентов отделений и факультетов журналистики, обучающихся по специальности 030601. 65 Журналистика....
Методическое пособие предназначено для студентов отделений и факультетов журналистики, обучающихся по специальности 030601. 65 Журналистика....
Учебно-методическое пособие предназначено для проведения теоретических семинаров и практических занятий со студентами, обучающимися...
Учебно-методическое пособие предназначено для студентов 2-3 курсов педиатрического факультета кгму